Friday, June 22, 2012

Oh Hello Friday

Goodness me it's been a knock down week in the little green cottage! There was a big bedroom makeover that ought to have been finished by now if it weren't for a nasty little virus that crept up on me and laid me flat. I'm happy to report that today I feel as though I might live through it...it was iffy going for a day or two.

Of course this means that today is all about laundry, mountains of it. I'm afraid that there is also an empty pantry and fridge that are challenging me to create some sort of supper out of wiggly jiggly carrots and Dijon mustard. Fortunately for my clan, I do happen to have the local pizza parlor on speed dial. I know, I know, I should be winging it to the grocery and making some sort of nourishing soup and home baked bread, but my friends, I must choose my battles and the laundry wins because I can sit down for the folding part. This is good because a lightheaded fog still lingers.

The good news is my camera lens has arrived and I can take pictures again, and oh what things I have to show you! There has been some very exciting mail and I hope to show a bit of the room makeover with a DIY you might like to try.

Until then my friends, have a lovely weekend!

8 comments:

Sherri B. said...

The virus bugs always seem to catch wind of important projects going on and then call in the troops to party.

I think that pizza will be just the ticket to build your strength up enough to fold that laundry.

Hooray for the lens arrival, it feels so strange to go without the camera..I forgot mine at the City House this time..ugh.

I love your DIY's, looking forward to seeing what it is.

Have a happy weekend! xo

greenrabbitdesigns said...

So glad you're going to live! ;)
Hope the fog clears soon and you have a lovely weekend!
Vivienne x

Flaming Nora said...

hello friday, goodbye week.
Virus's strike every where and lay us all low.
Hope the fog clears soon.
We have had one which affects the joints and resulted in my not being able to use my hands properly and the Hippy having to crawl backwards down the stairs in the middle of the night due to non functioning feet and wrists.
Bizarre stuff.
Can't wait to see the make over. xx

Debby said...

Glad you are feeling better. I had that nasty bug, or something similar, here as well.
They don't deliver pizza here.....but the hubby can hit a drive thru on the way home.
I love the frocks. Wish they were in style , I'd be wearing them all the time.. You look adorable in them.

vintage grey said...

Wow, are those a gorgeous pop of prettiness! ;) So sorry for the you being sick! Yay, for your new lens arriving! Looking forward to you DIY's! Have a lovely and creative weekend!! xo Heather

Annie Cholewa said...

Your continued survival is excellent news, as is the arrival of the lens.

Was the pizza good? I now have pizza cravings!

Annie Cholewa said...

Did I just post a comment announcing my pleasure at your survival and my need for pizza? I think I did. Blogger seems to have eaten it!

june at noon said...

I found myself in a similar phase after moving. Two weeks worth of packing, loading, transporting, unpacking just sapped me of life force, and after we'd been settled in a while I suddenly realized, "Oh, right, we wash clothes and occasionally polish mirrors and things like that." I'm still not back in the groove. Looking forward to seeing your redo!