Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cool Things for Kids - of all ages


We have a birthday coming up in the Little Green Cottage. A Very Big Deal of a birthday, Pony Girl is turning 8!  So I've been doing some research on cool things for kids on the interwebs. I thought I might share some of my favorite finds with you.

First up we have Flaming Nora's Sewing Kits. I know these are awesome because Pony Girl and I had a chance to collaborate on the Happy Brown Owl together.


These kits come with absolutely everything you need to sew up a new friend.  And just in time for Easter I spied some sweet little chick kits! There is also a Panda! My personal favorite though, has to be the "Make a Mo" moustache making kit! I think that kits like these make great presents for kids because they provide the chance to work on a really fun project together, help your kids learn new skills and they are pretty darn cute!  You can find all of Flaming Nora's Kits HERE.


Ok, these are more for a younger child, but I love them so much I had to include them. Handcrafted wooden toy pixie cameras! These come from team Twig Creative Etsy Shop, man they make some great stuff!


I love paper dolls and these are so sweet! They come to you via Gingermelon as a PDF you can print yourself.  The dolls then can be colored in by the recipient, cut out and articulated, so cool! She also has some really fab doll patterns in her shop.


And then I kind of fell in love with this vintage kid's bicycle basket from Oh Vintage Deer.  Which should give you a hint of what our girl might find on her big day!

Happy day everyone!

9 comments:

Epic Thread said...

I want that little fox soo bad!
Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I love the little fox and the paper dolls are amazing. I so loved to play with paper dolls as child.
V xxx

Tas said...

Oh that fox is gorgeous. So are the paper dolls. So is the basket.

I wish it was my birthday!

Christine said...

Oh my, I just love the Flaming Nora kits!
Happy Birthday to your (not so) little girl

Flaming Nora said...

Thank you! Mwahhhha xxx

Ashley cramp said...

I adore the cameras and think i may possibly need one!
Daisy j x

September Violets said...

All of these look like great finds that kids would love. I used to love paper dolls when I was a child, and am glad they've made a comeback :) Wendy

Sherri B. said...

A big Happy Birthday to P.G.... 8 Years old, I can hardly believe it, seems like just yesterday that your heart was heavy with her starting kindergarten. So many cute things you have shared, my favorite..the paper dolls!

Have a lovely weekend! xo

teddybearswednesday said...

that vintage bike basket is just the bomb!! xo