Monday, June 1, 2015

For the love of Jam


Yes, it's that time of year again. The annual making of The Jam took place this weekend. Fortunately we have a well seasoned team that makes it all the more enjoyable.  Just open the windows to release the steam, crank up the tunes, and get to work!The 3 of us all did our jobs with great efficiency and mostly joy. Notice I said mostly, near the end I admit to getting just a wee bit cranky due to overheating and low blood sugar.


We ended up with 37 jars of jam in total. Nice work team! This morning I baked a batch of biscuits. I then cracked open a fresh jar of strawberry jam and slathered a biscuit with it. I devoured it in less than a minute. So good!

The yearly making of the jam together began way back when The Engineer and I first moved into The Little Green cottage. Now the whole family is part of the tradition. Here's to 11 years of sweetness and kickin' out the jams!


8 comments:

Jennifer Hays said...

Wow, that's a lot of jam. It looks beautiful. I made strawberry jam yesterday myself, just five half-pints. We might do some more in a few weeks.

Flaming Nora said...

I have been saving jam jars for a while now and think I'm going to give it a go at the weekend. If its even half as good looking as yours I may be onto a winner. Though it is also elderflower season. I see a busy weekend ahead!

Debby said...

Yum Yum. Love the pictures. Your little girl is so cute.

Tas said...

Lovely to have such traditions. Ironic that you should have low blood sugar when surrounded by pots of jam ;)

Miss Merry said...

Your canning would have been much easier at my house, we went from temperatures in the 80's during the week to in the 50's over the weekend! I admire your jam making, I can never get it to set. I think I just don't have the patience. We usually end up with ice cream topping - my way of salvaging the unset jelly. Your jars are just gorgeous! Worth all the hard work!

Between Me and You said...

Keep up the good work! It looks delicious!

Frances said...

Wow, 37 jars of strawberry treasure! Your family has got a very fine spring tradition in place.

I love the idea of strawberry jam music. xo

Gemma said...

Oh my goodness, I just love Jam!